Milky Way Meets Indonesian Volcanoes In Stunning Time-Lapse Video
In the world of photography, the name Justin Ng is steadily rising and becoming recognized as an award-winning photographer based in Singapore. Starting out as a self-taught photographer in September 2010, Justin Ng has garnered his photographic experience from a diverse range of subjects, events and locations eventually earning recognition and publication in world-famous media sources like the BBC, CNN, National Geographic, Yahoo!, Space.com, EarthSky, UniverseToday and just to name afew. Justin is currently a writer/content contributor at Space.com.
Among his many claims to fame, Justin Ng can be considered highly famous because of his astounding astrophotographs that have found their way into the most notable publications. It was during most of 2013 when his astrophotographs landed in National Geographic, like his photos of the Milky Way in Mount Bromo and his photo of the Eta Aquarid Meteor became one of National Geographic Editors’ Favorites. His photo of 3 native Indonesians under the Milky Way galaxy which was published in National Geographic was ranked No. 2 among more than 1.4 million photos. His “Yi Peng Lantern Festival” photo was also featured in the same magazine as well as in the New York Daiy News, Huffington Post, Time Magazine, The Guardian, The Washington Post and other news media.
In 2012, Justin Ng expanded his bag of tricks and moved up a level into Timelapse Photography. His most famous Timelapse video, the Mount Bromo Timelapse movie, was featured in both EarthSky’s and Space.com’s Facebook page and website, several times. The actual story of the video was featured in WorldNews.com, Mashable, Mother Nature Network and other related online sites. In fact, this video won the Grand Prize in the World Photography Awards (Timelapse category) and PDN Photo Annual Winner of the Year on April 2013.
Other notable achievements under his belt:
- First photographer in Singapore to launch his own iPhone application, which won People’s Choice Award during the Asia’s Top 50 Apps 2011 competition
- Successfully engaged photography enthusiasts in Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Taiwan, Cambodia, Dubai and Beijing.
- Finalist in 2013 Sony World Photography Awards (Top 10 entries out of more than 122,000 entries from 170 countries)
- Second Prize, 2013 Sony Singapore National Award
- 1st Prize, Cinemagraph and Time-lapse Competition by World Photography Awards (Timelapse Category)
- 2nd Place (Professional), International Photography Awards 2013
- PDN Photo Annual Winner of the Year 2013
- Asia’s Top 30 Photographers by Signature Weddings
- Top 6 Landscape Photographers in the World by Pixoto.com
- Canon EOS World Photographer of the Year 2013
- Writer / Content Contributor at Space.com in February 2014
- Finalist in 2014 Astronomy Photographer of the Year Award
- Successfully held astrophotography talks in Malaysia and Dubai in 2014
- Successfully held astrophotography talk in Manila in 2015
- #1 Astrophotographer in the World by Top Ten Magazine
- Appointed as a Licensed Travel Agency by Singapore Tourism Board on 04 August 2015